Pages

Thursday 12 February 2009

THE POSITIVE THINKING TIMES






One of my final briefs has been set by ISTD and *Frost. The title is ENVIRONMENT/TYPOGRAPHY/ENVIRONMENT. The basic question around this is 'Does typography shape the environment or vice versa?' My idea was to take the economic environment and the current state it is having on the area's we live in and how we live our lives. I know I can't change much about the state we're in but to get myself visualising abit more and writing a bit less I spent today in letter press. where I cut up the financial times, and tried to give it a subtle but positive feel. So that if you looked a little closer at it would make you smile. And worry slightly less about all the negative stories that cover it overwise.
Semi-transparent ink, positive quotes and san serif typeface. And together once printed on the off pink paper I think give a real nice feel. A Positive outlook that London is currently lacking. Typography shaping the environment. Two ways, One paper!
"Fear Less, Hope more" / " Talk Less, Speak more" / "think, and you will be".

No comments: